Thursday, March 19, 2015

Quick and easy lunch or dinner: Fideo!

Howdy Ladies and Gents, today I will posting my favorite go-to recipe ever! I grew up eating this soup and now my husband is hooked on it! I remember this soup being made when you felt sick, wanted something quick to eat or even when you were just simply craving it! Not to mention it is suuuuuppppeeerr inexpensive! I mean, who does not like cheap meals?! I know I do! Now lets get started... 

You will need:

- 1 can of tomato sauce

- 1 packet of whatever shape or form, fideo. (which you can find anywhere really for .20 cents a bag)
 - About 2-3 (maybe more) Tablespoons of the chicken flavoring

- About 3-4 (maybe more) cups of water 

- About 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, vegetable oil or canola oil. 
(It really depends on what you have)

- 1 Jalapeno (optional, but totally recommended)

Now, lets get started... You will start off by adding the vegetable oil, coconut oil or canola oil (whatever you want to use or have) and put it into a medium sized pan. You will want to somewhat preheat the pan so it is warm, NOT HOT, but warm. Once you put the oil in, you will add the fideo pasta into the mixture. You will mix it together until you see that every little pasta is covered in oil. You will keep sauteing the pasta until they turn a slight golden brown. Once that is done you will want to add the water, the tomato sauce and the chicken flavoring. Once again, in my ingredient list I said "about" because it all depends on how you like it. I like it a little more flavorful and somewhat dry. While others like it to be more soup like. It is totally up to you on how you would like to make it taste. Any who, once that is mixed together, and how you want it, you bring the flame a little lower and let it boil. Let it boil for about 12-15 minutes. Please, make sure you keep checking it. Also I use about half the can of tomato sauce because I like the tomato flavor to it, if you do not, then add less. Once again it is up to you on how you want it to taste! Once it starts boiling, keep checking it. Now, if you are going to use the jalapeno, best decision you will make, then you will want to add a little but of oil to ANOTHER pan and sauteed it until it is somewhat burned on the outside and soft. Once that is done, you will poke holes in it and add it to the fideo mixture, while it is boiling. It will bring out the jalapeno juices into the mixture, and it is soooooooo good. It adds a little bit of spiciness to it! It is seriously delicious! another thing you can add to make it taste amaze-balls is adding fresh cilantro while it is boiling. Once again, it will bring out the flavor into the soup! SOOOOO good! Down below you will see how the steps should look like!












Personally, I like to make homemade flour tortillas to pair it with and of course MEXICAN COKE!!! The best coke out there! If you want to see my recipe on how I make my flour tortillas, I have a blog post on that sooooo CHECK IT OUT!!! Seriously, you will not regret making this recipe. It is sooooo good! I hope y'all have enjoyed this blog post! And if you have any questions, comments or you simply just want to share it with your friends...Please do so! It is easy, quick, cheap and soooo tasty! Try it out y'all!
 
XOXO- Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment