Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pizza Recipe!

Howdy guys!
We all know everyone (okay, most of us) like pizza!
BUT....
what if you can make your very own pizza, fairy inexpensive, at the comforts of your home! Not to mention, it is pretty fun and quite therapeutic to make.
Now I do make my own dough, it is quite cheap to make, and pretty delicious if we (my husband and i) say so ourselves. 

Dough Recipe:
(not my recipe, I got the awesome recipe from Candidmommy; check her out!)

  • 1 Cup warm water
  •  1/4 oz yeast (about 1 Tablespoon)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar


Make sure to mix those three ingredients, and let sit for about 10 minutes. The top of the mixture will get frothy. 
 ***Tip: Make sure the water is WARM, I cannot tell you how many times I have "killed" my yeast because I added hot water, lesson learned right? lol )
Once that is done, you can add the rest of the ingredients; which are: 
  •  2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2.5 cups flour
  • Oven: 400 degrees, but it can vary from different ovens.
***Tip: I add garlic salt to the mixture because it gives it that garlic taste, that I personally love. You can also add pepper flakes, to give the dough a little kick! Also, put some olive oil on your hands before you touch the mixture, it will help your hands from sticking to the dough. We also put olive oil on the baking pan we are going to use, it just helps the pizza from possibly sticking to the pan.
One that is mixed together, it will turn into a dough ball! 
Let that dough ball raise by putting a warm paper towel or rag on top of the dough ball, and let that sit for about 7-8 minutes.
After you let it sit for 7-8 minutes, take the paper towel off, and put some flour on a board or on the counter and roll it out. We personally, cut the dough ball in half, and make our own personal pizza's because my husband does not like the toppings that I do.
Once it is made into the thickness you want, start adding the sauce. We use marinara sauce, but we have also used spaghetti sauce, it all depends.




Add the mozzarella cheese, we love to use Sargento's, and put whatever toppings you want!
I personally like banana peppers, jalapeno slices, and pepperoni. And let that cook in the oven for about 15-20 minutes,just depends on how well you want your pizza to be cooked. 


I hope y'all enjoyed this recipe, and will have fun in the kitchen while making it!
XOXO-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment