Monday, March 2, 2015

My Curly hair!

Many of you know, or may have noticed that I have curly hair!
I always get asked what kind of hair products I use(d).....and my answer is always...A LOT!
For those of y'all that also have curly hair know, that one cannot use just ONE product. We need more than that! At first (when I was trying to figure out how to properly take care of the curly locks and experimenting with products) I finally found my holy grail of hair products! Now, don't get me wrong....I do try new hair products very frequently. I do get my hair colored about every 2-3 months, due to white/gray hairs..DAMN genetics! lol But I do enjoy pampering myself every couple months, if you know what I mean. Therefor, I try veeeerrryyyy hard to take care of my hair. But any who....down below are the products I use very frequently! The TRESemme, platinum strength, is actually a conditioner. I do not shampoo my hair frequently due to certain chemicals that actually DRY out curly hair, I do condition my hair as if I was shampooing my hair, and boy has it made a difference, but that is for another post! Any who I leave on that product for about 3-4 minutes on my hair, and rinse out with cold water. As soon as I get out of the shower, I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and I tend to spray
Suave's detangler.

 As soon as my hair is well detangled, I use Garnier's Sleek and Shine on my ends and middle of hair. Then I use a GENEROUS amount of Aussie's Sprunch. I say generous because the recommended amount they recommend, does not cut it for my hair, I have way to much! I disperse it all over my hair, starting from the ends all the way to the roots. Once that is done, I use John Frieda's Moisture Barrier hairspray, not to much though you do not want your curls to be dried out and crunchy. I tend to leave it air dry, but when I am in a hurry I will blow dry it. Down below will also be a picture of what my hair looks like when it is damp, and I am letting it dry. Warning: my hair looks quite flat and boring, but once it is dry it is va-va-voom curls and volume. There will also be an image of my fully dry hair. 

I hope you find this post quite helpful, whether you have curly hair, wavy hair or want to maybe achieve a wavy look.
XOXO-Steph





*All of the images used are mine, and where taken by me.

2 comments: