Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Just Like Home: Tex-Mex Enchiladas

Howdy y'all!
I am seriously, in tears writing this!
This recipe I am about to share is so good! I mean so good!
Thanks to the military, we are stationed in Northern California.
I am from San Antonio, Texas HOME OF AMAZING FOOD! 
(No, but seriously!)
I of course miss home like crazy! I miss being able to just go to a restaurant and eat delicious food that I am used too, so I have to experiment in my kitchen in order to eat certain delicious food here!
So, I experimented and made the BEST Tex-Mex Enchiladas!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Soooooooooo.........let's get started!!!!!

In order to achieve heaven in your mouth
You will need:
- 1 Small Package of ground beef or 2 Pounds of it
- 4-5 Tablespoons of Chili Powder (depending on how you like it)
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- PINCH of Sugar (seriously, the smallest pinch ever)
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 Cups of Shredded Cheddar/American Cheese
- 1 Package of Yellow Corn Tortillas

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brown the ground beef, until you no longer see pink. Once there is no pink showing, drain the liquid from the pan. Once drained, add in all the spices listed above. Stir that in and cook with the beef for like 20 seconds. Then, add the water and the flour. Whisk the water, flour and beef until the flour is well mixed. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes on LOW heat. Mix frequently in order for the sauce not to clump. 
Once the sauce is done, set aside and add the vegetable oil to a small pan and let that heat up. Once it is heated up, add one tortilla at a time and fry it. Fry it enough so that the edges are somewhat hard. Then put the fried tortilla into a plate lined with some paper towels, so it can drain any excess oil off of the tortilla. Cook however many you want, preferably only 8-12.
Get a big 'ol Pyrex or any clear baking dish you have. ( I used a rectangular one and a pie one) And add a ladle full of sauce on the bottom, then one by one add a tortilla to it and add the cheese, and roll it nice and tight. After you are done rolling the tortillas, add the remainder of the sauce on top and sprinkle some cheese. Pop in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, and you are done!
SOOOOOOOO good!








 I hope Y'all enjoyed this recipe and will give it a go!
XOXO- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment